Mobile apps are everywhere and touching your lives in every way possible. It has almost become a solution to any kind of issues you might face during the day to day dealings. Whether you need a taxi to go home or buy movie tickets sitting in the comfort of your house, mobile apps can do almost everything for you. Moreover, the cross-browser app development has always been a preferred choice as it requires less resource and can be developed faster than native apps. The reach of these cross-browser apps is also enhanced as compared to native apps.
The kind of response the mobile apps have received over these few years has prompted many businesses to assess the impact a mobile app can have on their performance. As the number of interested businesses is growing, the mobile app development platforms have also kept pace. Sencha Touch, Titanium, and PhoneGap are three such mobile app development frameworks that make the entire process of mobile app development a breeze. A comprehensive view of all the three platforms will be provided and it will be made easier for you to choose the one which best suits your requirements.
Sencha Touch vs Phonegap vs Titanium: Let’s Examine the Features of the Three Platforms one at a Time
- The mobile apps developed using Sencha Touch are contained inside the native containers.
- They exhibit properties of native apps depending on the operating system.
- The developers community of Sencha Touch offers open support to the users.
- It has MVC, Device API, Data, and UI all clubbed into one.
- It wraps up the HTML5, JS and CSS3 code into the native container of the respective platforms.
- It produces apps that provide native-like experience.
- Possible to create mobile apps for a range of platforms including Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows, Bada, Symbian, Tizen, Web OS, Ubuntu Touch, and FireFox OS.
- Titanium contains the SDK, IDE, and MVC (Model-view-controller) to create apps that are no less than native apps.
- Apps for mobile platforms like Android, iOS, Tizen, Windows, and Blackberry can be created using Titanium Appcelerator Framework.
A Comparison table to help you choose between the three
|Framework Name||Titanium Appcelerator||Sencha Touch||PhoneGap|
|Compatible Platforms||iOS, Windows, Blackberry, Android, Tizen||Android, iOS, Windows, BlackBerry, and Tizen||iOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry, Ubuntu, Firefox OS, Symbian, Palm, Bada, and webOS|
|Whether Open Source||No||No||Yes|
|Programming languages used:||PHP, Python, Jscript, HTML5, CSS3 and Ruby||Jscript, HTML5, and CSS3||Jscript, HTML5, and CSS3|
|Resemblance to native app||High||Medium||Medium|
Are you looking for phonegap app development, sencha touch development, titanium development, You must approach a prominent web development company such as HTMLPanda.