Sketch is an alternative to Adobe Photoshop that lets you create sketch to website design that is responsive. With some great features, it brings UI/UX designing close to the designers. The tool is easy to use and helps you create design layouts with great ease and convenience. Sketch comes in a lightweight package and is priced quite reasonably as compared to the long-term subscription of Adobe Photoshop.
Sketch to website design has been topping the popularity chart because of several reasons. First, because it is quite flexible and easy to use and second, because it is highly cost-effective.
Sketch to HTML/CSS
If you have designed a layout using Sketch, you can easily have it converted to HTML/CSS for a pixel perfect design that looks great on screens of all sizes. Sketch to HTML designs are cross browser compatible and also very light. This ensures that the website loads fast and is accessible on a range of browsers, including the mobile browsers.
Sketch to Responsive Website
You can create Sketch to html responsive websites that are optimized for different devices like desktops, mobile phones, and tablets. Sketch is an excellent tool for responsive designing as image optimization, media queries, etc. work very fine with it. Responsive websites have become the order of the day as most of the users access the websites on their mobile phones.
Advantages of Sketch to Website Conversion
- Better control over the elements as you can rescale the objects without compromising on the quality.
- Availability of guides ensure that you are able to control all your layers and align them better and in a very smooth manner.
- Grids are available in most of the design tools but you have to first make a grid and drag it to the layer palette. In sketch, there is built-in grid to ease the work.
- Larger canvas in Sketch lets you create more than one artboards and view the entire design in one go, a feature that is instrumental in responsive web design.
- In Sketch, the font rendering is quite accurate, i.e, the font on the website will appear exactly as it appears while designing.
- Unlike Adobe Photoshop, Sketch is built as a web design tool and there are no other confusing tools. The software is lightweight, consumes less space and operates fast.
Sketch to html website has become very popular these days and replaced PSD to HTML conversion to a large extent. The advantages mentioned here make it clear that sketch is a better choice for website design. Converting the sketch to website is quite easy as no slicing is required and the website, thus created is pixel perfect and responsive.