If you are looking for a flexible, scalable, secure, and future-proofing CMS, then Drupal is an option worth considering. In this blog, we will tell you 5 easy steps to migrate your existing website to Drupal 8 that has become increasingly forward-thinking.
Drupal 8 has always been in the limelight since its release in 2015. The power of Drupal 8 for your business can surprise you to the core as it lets your business make a breakthrough. Drupal 8 has irresistible benefits that inspire many companies to migrate their existing websites to Drupal 8
Being the third most popular CMS by market share, Drupal has a vibrant community responsible for its growth. Website Builder has also listed some useful facts and impressive Drupal usage stats that will compel you to choose this CMS. Let’s have a look:
- 1.6% of websites run on Drupal.
- There are 0.56 million live Drupal sites as of February 2020.
- Drupal has a 2.9% share of the CMS market.
- The average pay of a Drupal developer is around $26 per hour.
- There are 42,650 free Drupal modules available for download.
- The Drupal community has 1.3 million members.
What Are the Business Benefits of Migrating to Drupal 8?
Many people talk about Drupal benefits in general, there are countless articles and blogs available on Drupal benefits, but very few have spoken about the ‘business benefits’ of Drupal 8. Let’s dive deeper to know.
- Speed up the digital business – Keeping up with this fast-paced digital world is crucial. Thus, Drupal 8 helps you achieve this; it is an engine for innovation that can accelerate your digital business to a notch-higher.
- Mobile-first approach – The best thing about Drupal 8 is it follows a mobile-first approach, ensuring that implementations are responsive and can adapt to a user’s screen size and specifications accordingly.
- Change customer experience – With being flexible, scalable, and well secure, Drupal 8 can make changes quickly, effectively, and efficiently to transform customer experience captivatingly.
- Turn big data into business insights – Data is essential, but interpretation for the same is more crucial than ever. Thus, Drupal 8 provides a strong foundation for enabling businesses to deliver better data-driven web, mobile and social experience.
- Innovation, speed, and scalability – Innovation truly lies in Drupal’s heart to deliver excellent experiences. The open-source nature of Drupal 8 helps companies to get faster with everything they do. Drupal also scales with you as you grow your ambitions and widen your focus.
Migrate Your Existing Website to Drupal 8 in 5 Easy Steps
Whether you’re looking for your Drupal 7 to 8 migration or migrating from any CMS to Drupal 8, Drupal has got your back. We have discussed 5 easy and effective steps you should follow for a successful migration to Drupal 8.
1: Migration Audit
The migration to Drupal 8 starts with a migration audit that includes identifying existing features, functionality, and content structure. It also includes determining what modules can be migrated and what modules need re-work (need to be developed from scratch), what needs to be improved, and what new features you would like to have in your Drupal 8.
2: Migrating Strategy
Once the auditing part is completed, the migration strategy comes to play in the Drupal 8 migration steps. Migration strategy comprises modules evaluation, functionalities, and content types that can be migrated or needs to be custom-built, and more to improve the scalability of your Drupal 8 CMS.
3: Building a New Site
The most crucial step of migration services includes building a new website on the current Drupal version from scratch with all the necessary functionality. Your new website can look very similar to the old one or be completely different; it all depends on you. Building a new and fresh website on the Drupal 8 platform ensures you a faster and secure website.
4: Content Migration
Once you are done with auditing, strategizing, and website building, the next step involves the migration of your valuable content to the site. You can perform this step by using the best software tools and proven methods available. This way, you can migrate all your content to Drupal 8 securely and quickly.
5: QA Testing
Last but not least, QA testing in migration service is an integral part that should include regression and performance testing. Quality assessment testing is obligatory to ensure website performance, functionality, usability, and more. Thus, choosing a company that has expertise in Drupal 8 migration will be a smart move.
Migrating from Drupal 6 or 7 to Drupal 8 or moving your existing website to Drupal 8 is quite challenging. Despite all the hustle in the market, we have curated some essential benefits of migrating to Drupal 8 along with easy migration steps you can follow. Try all the steps mentioned above wisely and prosper your business.
Leave a Reply